Blonde Brownies


Years ago -- I baked some blonde brownies that were rich, butterscotch-y and delicious. And never have found the recipe since!

Most blonde brownies are dry and overly chocolate-y. These are good.


So here goes the recipe!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. And spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable spray. I'm pretty certain these wouldn't stick -- but why take the chance! One of my food instructors in college (Mrs. Ries) said ........ "A cookie that can't grease its own butt, isn't worth baking!" I agree.

Mix together the following -- 2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
And set this aside.

In the meantime -- melt 2/3 cup of butter. Stir in 2 cups of dark brown sugar, let it cool slightly and beat in 2-3 eggs. Use 2 if they are extra large -- 3, otherwise. And then stir in the "secret" ingredient ...... 2 tbsps. of vanilla. Yep!! That is right.

Stir in the flour mixture -- a little at a time and mix well. Spread into the 9x13 pan and sprinkle 1/2 c to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips on the top.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Yummmy!

Comments

~*Sarah*~ said…
ok I don't normally like blonde brownies (because they usually taste like weird chocolate chip cookies...)

but that looks darn good.
Michelle said…
I agree, those look really good -- AND easy! And I prefer chocolate over butterscotch, so I like the touch of chocolate. Maybe I'll make them for the barn party we're going to Sat. night!

Popular Posts