Gray skies..........

Here on the east coast of Iowa, it has not been summer. I've been hearing about the heat and the sun in the Southwest ..... and wishing that some of that sunshine might migrate here to Iowa.

It rains. They predict scattered showers. And it rains. A couple of weeks ago, two days of "scattered showers" produced 6+ inches of rain. Yesterday, it "scattered showered" for over 2 inches! And that doesn't count the fact that we are looking at the coolest July in history!

So besides the fact that the few tomatoes that I have on vine have blossom end-rot, most of the tomato plants are ........... sitting. Barely blooming, hardly growing.

This leads me to the zinnias. Zinnias are my hot weather flower of choice. I normally have beautiful large zinnias. The zinnias I have are fairly large, pretty nice ..... and absolutely no mildew! But they are slowly growing ..... about half the size of normal and the buds ......... sit there.

Kind like the writer of this blog.............. I find myself, wanting to ........... sit there.

My energy level seems low and I have to push myself to do ......... something! These gray skies have worked their way into my psyche and I hate it!

I weed ........ and then it rains ........ and I look ......... and the weeds are BACK! Like Arnold!! The grass is growing taller and faster than we can mow.

I clean ........ and then I track in mud and grass. I do laundry ........ and I am filthy again! Its a vicious circle of lack of accomplishment! I can deal with a lot of stuff ... but I NEED to accomplish something!

So today ......... I baked bread, I made blueberry jam and now, I'm ironing pretty tableclothes.

Yea ...... I can see what I have done. I am content.

Comments

Michelle said…
Give us back our Oregon summer and take this hot Iowa summer home! Please?

Popular Posts