Life .... by the numbers.

Isn't it funny how life is all about the numbers? How much to cook? How many places to set at the table? How many people are coming? How long you have known someone? How old are you?

Well -- it all came together on Saturday night. Four girlfriends that I have known since first grade all came to the corn-zebo for an evening of laughter. And laughter there was!!!!

Nancy was my best friend all through grade school. We were practically inseparable! I will not talk about the mumps incident but we all remember it!!!!

Nancy and her husband Rich live in Arizona now. And although we Facebook and email -- its just not like seeing each other! They came to celebrate Nancy's Dad's 80th birthday so it was a chance for all of us to get together.

So Debbie and I came up with a party in the corn-zebo! I made frogmore stew which is basically a shrimp boil. Onions, garlic, potatoes from the garden, sweet corn from down the road and sausages and shrimp. Debbie and Jim handled the adult beverages and dessert.

I had so much fun decorating the corn-zebo in full rural regalia. Lots of vintage tablecloths, enameled dishes, canning jars for wine glasses and bandannas for napkins. Ya can't get more country than that!!!!

And most of the pictures are a tad blurring......... basically cuz I was laughing too hard!!! Has nothing to do with the empty bottles of wine in the pictures!

My good friend Debbie, Nancy and her husband Rich get ready to enjoy Debbie's award winning peanut butter iced brownies. Yummmmm!


Jim (Debbie's husband) Linda and John ......... they won the prize for being married the longest! OK -- they only had one marriage...... rest of us had a few starter marriages! Linda brought a fantastic relish tray, straight from their garden --- it was so good!!!!


Honey looks to Jim for the flow chart! Or he is searching for another beer! He hasn't a clue who we are talking about and can't even begin to follow the conversation! "You dated who??? We didn't know that!!!!"


JoAnn had us in stitches telling stories!!! Hopefully, she will send some pics .... she took more than I did -- and hers will not be blurry. Cuz of the laughter ... not the wine!!!

Five friends ..... 37 years since high school ..... 55 years old. The numbers and the laughter tell the story. I love all my new friends......... but the girlfriends that remember when you had a crush on the kid with all that acne, swimming at Crescent lake, the really awful prom dress, the bad hair cut, the moonlight skate at the skating rink and the albino (long story, guys!) ....... those are really special people in your life.

At least, they are in mine.

I love you all.
Cath

Comments

Claire MW said…
Looks like it was a wonderful time! I need a corn-zebo too!

Just a reminder to send me your address when you get a chance so that I can send you the book! You can email it to me at patentgarden [at] gmail [dot] com.
Shannan Martin said…
How fun/random/"only in blogland" that we both posted about corncrib gazebos! Yours is divine. Something for me to aspire to!

Popular Posts