Winter in Iowa ...................

My friend Jill spoke about the beauty of a frigid Iowa night. I am not that eloquent.

I didn't even write this. But it fits! There are 6-10" of snow coming, 15-20 mph wind gusts and sub-sub-sub-zero wind chills. You will find me curled up on the sofa, in front of the fire, drinking a cup of tea with 2 cats sitting on my feet for warmth.

WINTER Poem

It's winter in Iowa
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.


Oh, how I love Iowa
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut
.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave
Iowa
Cuz I'm frozen to the ground!

I will see you in the spring!!!!!

Comments

Love it! Not quite that cold here, but how I long for spring!
Judy T said…
Stay warm and safe. I just hope it gets bad enough overnight that I can justify not going in to work. If it is at all feasible, I'm expected to go in. It never made sense to me to risk your life to go to work. sigh....
Judy
Rita Templeton said…
Ha! I love this! And it rings so true. I'm reeeeally not looking forward to shoveling my driveway later, but I want to surprise my husband so that he doesn't have to do it after work.

If it doesn't even look like I've shoveled by the time he gets home I'm gonna be one unhappy camper ...
Barb said…
Hello,

I am originally from Iowa and know full well about the cold and snow. Had to slide out of a window on my belly when I was about 8 years old because the doors were blocked with snow from the monster '60-something blizzard (old, old farmhouse with very little insulation and No Heat Upstairs either) My dad was in the hospital in Iowa City so my mom and I were on our own. I shoveled out the doors and we did alright. Anyway....I grew up and married and we left all the Iowa stuff behind and MOVED TO WISCONSIN!!!! Not much better here. Although the house is insulted...ha!

Stay warm...well, stay regulated, at least. :O)

Popular Posts