Its Farming. Not Magic.

How do I get over my frustration at trying to explain what it is that I do? It seems so very simple to me ....... I am a flower farmer.

OK -- maybe a little more explanation is needed. I plant flowers in rows like a farmer plants corn. And it is a U-pick flower farm.

That is where I get into trouble. (Yea ... what's new about that? I have always been in trouble!)

It seems that people think that flowers that are grown on a farm should bloom instantly. Plant them and they will pop!!! Weather shouldn't matter. Frost ... cool temps... even snow ..... if it is sunny, there should be flowers.

Unfortunately .... its not happening.

You want this............



I can give you this ...............



You are drooling over this ....................



And the best I can do is this ......................



I know ..... you want to relax here, in the warmth of the sun.



But to get flowers like these ............




It takes time. It takes rain. And it takes the sun beating down on the ground to warm it. The seeds for these lisianthus were started in November. If I am lucky, they will be blooming the end of June.

Farming is not magic. It is good soil, lots of weeding and some carefully delivered rains. Its warm evenings and days full of sunshine.

I wish I could wave my magic wand and .......... POOF! ...... all the flowers you want would be here.

But if I waved my magic wand, would bouquets like this one be quite as magical???


I think not!!!


PS. That bucket of flowers ......... will be only $15 this year. Yea ...... its a bargain worth waiting for!

Comments

Popular Posts