Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Prototype .............

I had an idea for a project.

So I gathered my materials. 

Did some embroidery. 

Cut a few scraps of fabric and seamed them together.

And I made this ..........................





Now its not a miserable failure and it will work just fine as the potholder it is suppose to be.  But I have learned several lessons about ...........

1) trying to work with a plaid fabric that is not printed straight.  Even after I pulled threads to straighten it.

2) 2 layers of heat-insulating batting do not give nice, pretty seams when pressed.  The batting makes it very thick and it sounds really crunchy!!!

3) And finally, just like framing a picture ... a wider matting is almost always better.

That chicken is cute if I do say so myself!!


Now ....back to the drawing board sewing machine.


No comments: