Tea Towel Memories

I love it when a customer comments on a tea towel.

"This reminds me of my grandmother's house."  

Or "The cat on this one looks just like my cat."

Well, today is my tea towel memory.

When I was a kid, we would drive to my grandparents' homes.  Both set of grandparents lived 45 minutes to an hour away.

Which always seemed like an eternity when wedged in the backseat of my parents' station wagon with my brother and sister.

It was heaven if it was my turn for a window seat!

Warning!

This is when my blog enters the dark ages.

This was before DVD players were built into the headrest.  No I-pads to watch the latest video, movie or television show.

There was no Sirius or XM radio.

No I-pods, Walkman, CD players, cassette recorders or 8 track players.

No FM radio.

And in our station wagon ...... there was no AM radio.

Radios were optional.  Which meant they cost more money.  Optional didn't happen at that time.

Sun visors on the passenger's side of the car were also optional.  Don't ask me how I know that!

So ... OMG,  how did my parents entertain us???  I mean, we were in the car and you have to entertain children!!  ( There soooooooooo needs to be a sarcasm font!)

We sang.

We sang patriotic songs.  We sang Sunday School songs.  We sang children songs.  We sang camp songs.

We sang.

We sang songs like Mairzy Doats and Sioux City Sue.

And we sang ...........






  And that is my tea towel memory!


Comments

Michelle said…
Love it (the memories AND the tea towels)!

Popular Posts