New Tricks ....

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

Boo on them, I say!!!

I love trying out something new.  Particularly when it comes to knitting or embroidering or spinning or sewing.  Or ....... you can fill in the fiber-y blank! 

Actually, there is so much in the world I want to learn ... it is truly a problem.  I keep saying .... that I need to narrow my focus!  

But obviously self-restraint is difficult for me.  

When I go shopping in a yarn shop, quilt store, fabric store .... there is stuff every where shouting, "Try me!!  Try me!  I look like fun!!"

Yea, there are squirrels in every corner of those quilt shops.  ;)

So I was in a quilt shop last spring and I found a pattern.  Applique, hand-embroidery, scrap-busting tea towels.  It easily had me.  One quick glance and it was in my hands!

And finally today .... I started it.  Grabbed some scraps ..... learned some applique stitches on my sewing machine ....played with two-sided fusibles.

It's not done yet.  I still have some applique to do .... and I haven't started the embroidery yet.



I am certain there will be more of these to come.

What do you think???
 

Comments

Popular Posts