Crafty, Crafty, Crafty!!

Remember that garbage bag commercial???  Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!  Hefty, hefty, hefty!

Well .... at our house it has been Crafty, crafty, crafty!

OK -- I am the wimp and I hate to go out in the winter.  I am becoming more and more of a homebody and I hate to leave.

I am trying to force myself to go out more .... and hopefully, not fall on my a**!

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Crafting at the Convent.  And as always ..... I thought about staying home.  And as always ..... I had an awesome time!!!

I really did not feel like I accomplished as much as I should have.  But I did work on a few things.






I started these on Saturday evening and completed them when I was watching Downton Abbey on Sunday night.  They are a lovely hand-painted merino and silk yarn that I picked up in Mineral Point.  I really wanted them for myself but they are a little big for my hands so I think they will go into the Summer Kitchen.

I worked on this penny rug.







I had embroidered it with regular embroidery floss and decided that it just didn't cut it.  So I frogged the embroidery floss and did the blanket stitch with pearl cotton.  Much nicer!

It will have red wool berries around the sheep's neck and then pennies bordering the black mat.  I still have a lot of work to do.  But I am excited to get a penny rug or two done for the house.  They are the perfect match for our taste in primitive furniture.

In the tea towel division of Miss Eff's Compulsive Crafting Conundrum (So many crafts, soooo little time!! And I got to use the word conundrum!)  I made these tea towels for the shop.



This has always been one of my favorites.  And the only project I actually started and finished completely at the convent.

So I came home with determination to get more done!!!


This tea towel for the shop helped improve my eyesight!

I did work on things for our house  Us!!!  Yes!!  These will be ours and ours alone!

First of all .......... remember this quilt kit???

Yea ... you thought it was still sitting in the bag ... keeping company with the many other projects I have bought in the past and haven't started .................yet.

;)

Well .......... look at this.




I have all the horizontal rows stitched.





I just need a day to spend with my enabler.  ;)

It will be the perfect lap throw for my dear Honey.  Cuz I know how he loves red plaid!

(Inside joke .... EVERY shirt I buy him is red plaid.  EVERY one. You would think he was Norm Abrams. OK -- I think he is Norm Abrams!)

Walking away from the quilt now.

I made this awesome and humongous basket!  I am certain many boats aren't as large as this tote. It is going to be perfect to store my next quilt project as I work on it.






AND I am going to make another basket next week!!!  But next time, it will be smaller.  Cuz I could run out of room fast with baskets this size!!!

Finally, I mad this tea towel/ runner for the top of our pantry.  Quirky chickens and flowers make me happy.






Yep .... I have to say I LOVE January and the lack of expectations people have for you in January.  I can craft and sew and knit and embroider all I want and no one thinks the less of me.

Come April .....that's a whole different story!!!

Comments

Ginny said…
Wow, congrats on all of your hard (fun) work.
colleen said…
I check in everyday to see if you are here...well now I know where you've been!! You sure have a lot of talents. I absolutely love the chicken and flowers embroidery!! Keep up the good work and post so we can see what you've been up to, when you get a spare minute.

Popular Posts