A Windfall ....

I think.

The other day ... while I was preparing for sewing class .... a woman came into our classroom.  She was searching for the instructor.

(That would be me!)

It turns out .... she was a former seamstress/ fabric collector/ textile hoarder!

Yea.

I can pretty much swear to the fact ..... you can't be one without being another.  They all intertwine.

After I finish a class ... and I haven't turn a student into a fiber hoarder .... I am not doing my job.

;)

So ...... she was searching for the Queen Textile Hoarder.

And she found her.

Quickly.  Maybe too quickly.

Like a dope dealer on a darken street corner ... she had me at "I've got fabric.  And there is wool!!!"

I followed her to her car to peruse through the goods ....

OK.  OK.  There was no perusing.  I wanted it all!!

I will take it!!!

And now .... the planning begins.





There are linen/linen-blends .... that may become aprons like this one.

http://magnoliapearl.com/


There are wools like this fabulous 100% merino wool suiting ......... it made my heart sing.




And there are EIGHT yards of this polyester knit .... which is going to be perfect for panties!  When you drive by clotheslines in the QCA and you see underwear, slips, nighties, camis out of this fabric ..... you will know they have been in my lingerie class!!!!



It's actually much brighter than this!!


This lace will become valances for the Summer Kitchen.



And this heavy cotton home decor fabric will become accent pillows for the corn-zebo re-do.




There is more .... so very much more.  And there are patterns and trims and shoulder pads. 

But this will be my first project .....

I will make this into a spring weight hoodie.  It is a lovely printed cotton knit .... and will remind me that spring will really come. 



I guess there may be one newly reformed seamstress/textile collector/fabric hoarder out there.

But she sure enabled this one!!!!

Comments

colleen said…
It's ALL beautiful!! How could one refuse?!?!(or give it up!) Make sure you post all that you make out of your new stash...I'm drooling just thinking about it.
Susie said…
How exciting! It all looks beautiful!

Popular Posts