First World Problems ...........

It would be really easy to have a pity party here today.

Last night -- a storm blew up and this was the result.



Hail.

And of course, I kind of freak.   Like I should have been able to prevent this!  Now ... all in all, we had very little damage.  My huge big pots of petunias got cut back naturally and my lilies with open blossoms were deadheaded ... sort of.

The foliage on the strawflowers is a little worse for wear but you cut it all off anyway.

But no buds were damaged ... the lilies weren't flatten.  Almost all of our flowers will recover very nicely.

Yea ... it has been kind of  a tough year so far.  And I have admit.... I am glad that June is over and done. 

It has rained and rained and rained again.  The temperatures have been lovely ... if you are not a tomato or a zinnia or a sunflower and then you are craving for 85° to 90°.

Everyone wanted flowers in May ... and I didn't have them.

Now I have flowers ... and no one wants them cuz it is raining .............. again. 

So I moan and whine and complain that I don't know what I am doing.   And all the dreams that I have of a sparkling new kitchen are running down the creek with the latest thunderstorm.

I need a mule to kick me in the head!!!!

This is NOT a biggie!  This is a pain!  This is an inconvenience!  This is not working the way I wanted it to... but it is working!

Only in America, would we complain about not having a nice enough roof over our head!!!!

So this holiday weekend ..... I am going to try REALLY hard not to complain about the immense bounty of rain that we have had!  I am going to celebrate these beautiful flowers and the crisp blue sky even if it is full of clouds.

Because we are blessed...... very very blessed.




And I need to realize it and be grateful.






Comments

Michelle said…
Oh my dear, if only we could distribute resources at our whim. We had the driest April-June on record here in the "wet" Pacific NW, and have been baking in unnaturally high temperatures as well. I'm watering the garden and tender landscaping plants 24/7 just to keep them alive, and hoping my 5 gallon/minute well doesn't give out.

Popular Posts