Junior High ... revisited

Were you popular in high school?

Were you part of the "in" crowd?

Were you cool??

I wasn't.

I soooooooooooooo wasn't.

I wasn't athletic.  I was so-so smart.  I wasn't pretty.  And I definitely wasn't popular.

I could knit .... and I could knit well.  And I sat in front of a 1951 Singer Sewing machine for hours ... and frustrated my mother as she tried to teach me to sew.  I did learned how to use a seam ripper well.    ;)

Trust me, you will not be a popular girl if you carry sharp sticks and scissors with you at all times.

Truth.

And to this day .... I am still the same person.  Un-cool.

And that brings me to Miss Eff's County Cozy Christmas Bazaar.

Wanna know what you will find here?

Well .... you are not going to find the coolest, newest, hippest items in town.  Whatever they may be this year!  I am so un-cool, I don't even know what is cool now.

What you will find are carefully made products with a sense of tradition, durability and environmental stewardship.  And hopefully, heirloom quality items that can be passed down to the next generation.

You will find pillowcases with antique linen lace.



You will find tea towels with tiny hand-embroidered stitches.


You will find hand knit fingerless mitts and fluffy warm scarves.


You will find aprons with flirty ruffles and aprons that are so practical ... they are reversible!



You will find slippers ... just like Grandma used to knit.  Why???  Because it is the pattern that is burned into my brain ..... still today.


And you will find practical items .... like clothes pin bags, tissue cozies, cute produce bags for the farmers' market and washable fabric bowl covers like this one.  (Don't you LOVE this reproduction vintage fabric??)



Simple.  Practical.  Natural.

That is how I describe Miss Eff's Country Cozy Christmas Bazaar.  We will be handing out warm cider and homemade cookies from 9 to 3 on December 5th, 

And hugs.  It's Miss Eff's.  We do hugs.

Please come .....   Because if you come, it will be cool.

Comments

Popular Posts