Mission Accomplished!

My mozzarella turned out..........edible!!! Ok -- it was really pretty good. I still need some work on it. I would love to have someone close that makes mozzarella on a regular basis so I could watch technique. I will have to keep searching for that.

But on a whole -- it was awesome! This pizza was a ground turkey and roasted mushrooms, onions and garlic. I roast the mushrooms (and other stuff!) for about an hour -- I've tossed them with a little olive oil and roast them at 375 or so.

I often use crimini (baby belles) for roasting. They have a lot of flavor. But morels -- even better! So I need to add to my freezer stock this spring. I've done a mix of mushrooms -- little white button, crimini and morels. Watch the timing. Morels take less time to roast than the others. Actually, I start roasting the white button, then move to the crimini and then the morels. But the mix of flavors makes for a really yummy pizza.

So -- I made the crust, the pizza sauce was canned this summer. And now the cheese! I am feeling most accomplished!

Comments

BlueGate said…
Ohhhh, that pizza looks so good!
And I suspect that you admitting that the mozz. was "pretty good" translates to 'OMG this is fabulous' for the rest of us : )
Miss Effie said…
Jill -- it was melted mozzarella good but not quite, tomato-basil-mozzarella salad good.

But it did beat Hy-vee's all to heck!
girlwithasword said…
ROASTED MUSHROOOMS! Why have I never thought of this??? *Swooning*

Clink, your mozz. on that pizza looks better than mine! I gotta practice more. I need cheesemaking lessons.
~*Sarah*~ said…
I don't even like mushrooms and that has me drooling.

(I'm trying to like them...its just hard)
Michelle said…
I think you should feel VERY accomplished!

Popular Posts