The Noticer ..... by Andy Andrews


To all my regular readers.......... Hey! You are learning something new about me. I love to read. So to supplement my book addiction -- I am now doing reviews for Thomas Nelson publishers. I'll be doing children's book review with Addie M (her opinion is important) and other reviews by myself. Regular programming will continue tomorrow. Time for the review.

Have you ever met a person, that with only one statement or only one question, can suddenly give clarity to your life? They give you just a little perspective. Another way of thinking or looking at the situation that seems so grim, so over-whelming at the moment. This is the premise of Andy Andrews' new book The Noticer.

A drifter, Jones, enters a small seaside village and changes the lives of many who live there. From homelessness, to failing marriages, to loneliness and despair, to unethical business practices ............ he changes the hopes and dreams of a community with few words.

At first glance, this is a simple read without a great deal of substance. But taken slowly, the seeds of inspiration and hope comes through. I found this to be a book who's ideas are planted ....... and pondered over. A chapter read and then, let it rest in the mind to grow and bloom.

In such uncertain times, with job losses and financial struggles for many, this could be a book of salvation. I think one of the best lines in the book is early in Chapter One "That's what most folks lack-perspective- a broader view. So I give that broader view.... and it allows them to regroup, take a breath, and begin their lives again."

With so many individuals starting their lives again, this may be the book to inspire. I enjoyed the message of hope that was found in lives that were full of despair. Jones' words of encouragement were direct, easy to understand. His life lessons were to the point. And there were moments of "Gee, I wish I would have thought of that!"

I wish there was more depth to the book ----but yet, it is its simplicity that makes it successful. All in all, The Noticer is the right book for the times.

Comments

Unknown said…
The famous gardening plant salvia announced for an excellent contest click on to http://www.freshsalvia.com/contest.html
and here: http://www.freshsalvia.com/blog/?cat=3 Don't miss this golden opportunity.Visit today

Popular Posts