Quickie.............

Just a quick note to let you know how we did at the ice cream social.

We were able to raise $535 for our local food pantry!  Yes!!! $535 in local farmers market gift certificates!  It will be awesome!

All that fresh, local food is getting into the hands of people that really need it!!!!  No more blue boxes for a couple of weeks! (Notice how nicely I worded that!  No one will yell at me for degrading heavily processed foods!)

So thank you!  Thank you! Thank you! for all your kindness and support! And hopefully, we can do more next year.  Yea ........... there will definitely be a next year!!!!!! My new ice cream maker is smokin'!

And now .... its time for me to get to work!  My own pantry needs some replenishing! :)

Comments

Beth said…
So wonderful. Thank you for your kind, caring heart and for turning a desire into something tangible. How blessed I am to be surrounded by so many people who not only care but also act.

I am sorry we weren't able to join you. We returned from a two week vacation on Saturday evening and I just didn't have it in me to venture out of the house.

Peace and goodness to you.

Popular Posts