The ever chatty Summer Kitchen....................

As my dear sweet Honey will tell you ......... the Summer Kitchen is such a chatty little building.  It keeps talking to him ............. and talking to him ............and talking to him.

Kind of like his wife!! ;)

Well ..... I am sure you remember this conversation.

The gable end decoration in the picture wasn't going to fit.  That swoooopy roof was much too steep to get that to work.

Suddenly, Honey decided .... I can build a gable end decoration.

So he went through the 15 billion books on Victorian architecture that I own.  We looked at houses as we drove around the area.  And he studied .... gable end decoration and Gothic Revival and Stick era Victorian homes.

It was for the Summer Kitchen.  It is a simple little building.  But it needs to feel special. (Besides, I may end up living there if the whole Summer Kitchen thing isn't a good idea!!)


Honey out-did himself.

And the cost .............. $10!  Seriously .

I love a man that talks to buildings!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts