Thinkin' ... thinkin' ... thinkin'

It is foggy and damp and drippy.

And I am not-so-patiently waiting for a large shipment of bulbs and plugs that will probably arrive in 4 or 5 hours.

So ..... during this soggy, rainy week .... I have been pouring over stacks and stacks of magazines.  I have pinned hundreds of pins on Pinterest.  And Houzz ........ well, let's just say that we have declared that we are BFF's.

I have taken on the task of redecorating the corn-zebo.

Really.

And I know what I want ..... and I know what I need.

Now -- getting the picture in my mind to fit the corn-zebo may be the issue.

You see ......... I want the corn-zebo to look like this.  Lush ... beautiful ... vintage.

Photo courtesy of  Pinterest


Drool.  Really drooling.
 
(If anyone has an antique iron crib that needs a new home ......just sayin')

Or kind of like this ............


Photo courtesy of Pinterest

I have come close in the past.  This was the table for a luncheon several years ago.




But now ............ I have two long banquet tables that don't give me the look that I want.

So ... after the first of June ...... things are changing.

One banquet table will be eliminated.  The other banquet table will be cut down to sit 6 to 8 people, not 10.

An outdoor rug will be added. The storage cupboard for dishes etc will disappear.  A rattan loveseat will be freshly painted and new chairs will be added.

And a vintage chicken crate ... like this one ... will become a coffee table.




Decorating a round space is not easy.  I have drawn floor plans and moved furniture around virtually.  I am adding more plants ... more softness .... more Miss Eff. 

Now the search is on for the right fabrics ............ floral, soft, cabbage roses and lace.  Pastel and pretty.

Yea .... in the time of chevrons and stripes ......  it may be a struggle.

So what do you think of my ideas???? 

Will you come and sit with me??


Comments

colleen said…
Sounds lovely!!!

Popular Posts