Winter projects, summer dreams

Most of our friends do their decorating/remodeling projects in the summer.

Ahhh ... but as you know, we don't work that way.

The list is really really long this year.
REALLY long.

The first job to do/finish is the tv room decorating project.

Really early last spring, we had some foundation work done on the house. The 120 year old sill was twisting and rolling away from the house. Which created some interesting photos that I am certain my insurance agent doesn't want to see!

Bottom line, we had to pull up the carpet, part of the subfloor and remove some drywall to do the repair.

Now it is time to put everything back together.

Vinyl abestos tile was under the carpet with several plywood patches from old floor registers. I knew I couldn't handle looking at brown and tan tile for several months.

Fortunately, I had bought an area rug for the living room and had it stored upstairs.

It fits perfectly!!!
So instead of carpet ... hardwood flooring will go directly over the old floor with the area rug over the top.

I had also bought a pair of second hand wingback chairs for the living room.








And with a little magic from Tack and Hammer studio .... l got these fabulous recliners!



Now it is time to pick out paint! And get rid of that awful brown and cream tile!

Choosing paint has not been my strong suit in this room. The room has strange lighting and lots of shadows which makes it difficult for me. 

Currently ... the walls have three samples of cream or beige or tan. Gray might work but I can't live with gray. Fortunately, Sherwin Williams came to the rescue and with sample paint, I chose Kilim Beige. 

Beige can be kind of boring to me.  

But the furniture and rug will make the room much more interesting.



Tomorrow ... I will make final selection of paint and flooring. Honey, on the other hand, will do some replacement wiring!

I will keep posting pictures!

And summer dreams .....

How does this look? 




Or maybe this?????



Ok ... maybe this one???



I can dream about these all day!!!

Comments

Hello old friend whom I never see but always follow, love what you did to those wingback chairs! we too decorate and fix up outside because like you, spring means GET OUTSIDE! So enjoy all your updates on saving/fixing/loving your old home. Carry on you country warrior you.
Unknown said…
I greatly enjoyed looking through your blog and found some informative posts.

Flowers st Thomas Ontario
Florist st Thomas Ontario

Popular Posts