Crumbled blueprints ... Erased dreams


I think I am slowly emerging from the land of the zombies. 

The first year of widowhood has often been described as walking through life in a deep fog. And it is. 

But I felt more like a zombie. Not only was my darling husband, life-partner and best friend was dead .... but so were my plans, goals and dreams. 

This summer has been a struggle to get my feet back on the ground, open my eyes and step forward into life again. And life is nothing without dreams ... so I am trying to dream again. 

I have divided my life into three categories. Three categories or segments allows me to focus on specific areas of my life. 

We all know that life is not like pie with distinct, straight pieces. Its like cobbler ... everything is all stirred together and no edge is crisp. But this post is all about my dreams and goals ... so let me pretend!

My three life pieces are .... 
Career 
Home
Personal

I want to talk about Career today. 

Ok ... maybe that isn't the right term for this period of my life. Career sounds so high heels and tailored suits to me. I guess that is a definite improvement over pantihose and girdles. 😉

My career is about dirty fingernails and muddy knees. I have to admit at 67, flower farming is a bit of a physical struggle. And I was ready to say ... 20 years has been enough. 

But its not. And I have ideas and goals and Pintrest files galore and as long as I have pictures pinned .... I can't quit! So the orders went in for plugs and seeds and wayyyy tooo manyyy perennials ... AGAIN. 

I have been working on tweaking hours in my mind. And although I have GREAT employees/helpers ... I am still a one-woman show. 

I do know I will have a regular evening you-pick. At this point ... I am thinking Monday evening. I also know I will be closing at noon on Saturday .... that falls into the "Personal" category!

But I also think hours need to expand on Thursday and Friday. 

Classes have been fun on the farm and those will continue and expand. I also found that I love having events on the farm and that is a must-do part of my business plan.

There will be a few price changes .... you-pick buckets will stay the same at $25. But photo shoots have been $25 FOREVER!! And that has to change for me to be able to offer unique, fun photo areas. 

I am not sure where I am heading ... but there are steps moving forward and not backward. And after 18 monthes of trying to keep my head above water, even little steps on solid soil feels good.








Comments

Michelle said…
My heart is following your journey closely, and thrills to hear the slog is getting a bit easier. Hugs from Oregon!

Popular Posts